Many people give of themselves to their community. Volunteer work in libraries, thrift stores, soup kitchens, tutoring and a whole lot more are chosen by individuals to help make their communities healthy.
I have coached Bobby Sox, youth soccer, junior rifle, adult shooters and even created an adult coed softball league. I have served in numerous volunteer organizational capacities including chairing or presiding over a sports car club, two gun clubs, and a Farm Bureau agricultural education program. I’ve cooked, bussed tables, hauled freight, cleaned floors and run crab feeds for charitable fund-raisers.
Let’s just say I don’t mind rolling up my sleeves and doing just about any chore to help my community.
The last decade and a half has increasingly seen me more focused on creative community service – seeing holes that others don’t fill, or are afraid to take on.
The phrase “Somebody ought to do something” always makes me cringe.
Turns out, I’m somebody.
Associations / Community Involvement
* 2014-present Bitterroot Emergency Amateur Radio Services (BEARS)
* 2013-present Bitterroot Amateur Radio Club (BARC)
* 2014-2015 2-terms as president BARC
* 2014-2016 teacher, Darby Adult Education: radio, organic growing, computer tech
* 2013 trombone in Bitterroot Community Band
* 2011-2012 1st VP, Kuna Lions Club
* 2012 candidate for Ada County Sheriff
* 2012 member Kuna Planning & Zoning code review board
* 2011-2012 member Kuna Chamber of Commerce
* 2011-2012 trombone Dunkley’s Mulligan Band
* 2011 candidate for Kuna City Council
* 2010 candidate for Idaho governor
* 2007-2008 Grangeville Elks Lecturing Knight
* 2006 candidate for Idaho governor
* 2002-2006 Chairman, Libertarian Party of Idaho
* 2001-2006 Nampa Rod & Gun Club Junior rifle coach
* 2002-2004 President Nampa Rod and Gun Club
* 1995–1996 Chair, Sonoma County Farm Bureau Ag. Ed. Committee
* 1994–1996 At-large Director, Sonoma County Farm Bureau
* 1990-1994 President, Cotati Rod & Gun Club
* 1987-1992 Youth soccer assistant coach, Bobby-Sox coach, 4-H leader
* 1980-1986 President, Empire Sports Car Association